Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Spectacular Amount of Chocolate


I'm NOT planning on eating all of this, but it just makes me happy having it in the house! I need some for Shasha's wedding cake, some for the butterfinger bars, and some for general well being. 8 days of sugar-free life has not made me feel materially better, though I have eaten more and probably lost weight. Still doesn't seem worth it ;)


This is 11 pounds (5K) of chocolate, Callebaut, bittersweet. You can get white or semi or bitter at Big John's PFI - less than $6/pound and it's 60% cocoa! And there's Guittard too, in full 10 pound bars, for less than $4/pound. AND, there are 2-pound bags of semi-sweet Guittard pieces (bigger than chips, but small and uniform, great for melting) for $7.50. God there's nothing I love more than a good deal on chocolate! Now to find a chocolate melter/temperer that works and had a decent capacity. And is not $500.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness the chocolate is bigger than you are. Tough work in the kitchen. Hazardass as well, working with all that chocolate.
I can't wait to have a project other than eating to justify having that much around.